Saturday, August 30, 2014

Taking Time To Take Care

After reading this recent Into The Gloss post, I got to thinking about how I balance things out. It seems, as a Libra (haw haw), a constant theme in my life is trying to find a balance between everything. The weekends especially are a time of polarities for me, because one Friday night I'll be out until 4 A.M. overindulging, and the next, like last night, I'll find myself sorting laundry, cleaning, and finding ways to relax in between.

Last night I drew a bath as hot as I could stand, grabbed the book I'm currently reading (Margaret Atwood's collection of short stories, Dancing Girls [I highly recommend]), and got to taking care of myself.

One of my favourite ways to indulge, even when I don't necessarily have the time to really sit and luxuriate, has been using Davines hair products. I swear, these products have saved my hair, or at the very least the texture of it. When I started college, my health took a major hit and as a result a lot of my hair fell out, and the texture totally changed. My former mermaid-esque waves hung straight and couldn't hold a curl no matter how hard I tried, and it felt like straw to the touch. After a lot of changes -- moving out of my miserable apartment, changing my diet, and just reducing my stress in general -- my hair started to grow back to normal, but it still wasn't 100% perfect. Then I started using Davines, and I noticed a major change. I no longer needed to add curls to my hair with hot tools, if I just left my hair to air dry, it would dry into beautiful waves thanks to the gentle nudge the Davines products was giving it. So I'm a major Davines convert, and I will talk and talk about them to anyone who will listen. My favourites are their OI Shampoo and OI Conditioner. Both smell amazing, are sulfate-free, and leave your hair feeling so soft and nourished. I also love the Absolute Beautifying Potion for smoothing any frizziness once my hair is dry - bonus is that it has the same scent as the OI Shampoo and Conditioner thanks to the roucou oil which is a main ingredient in all three products. Last night I washed with the shampoo and then worked the conditioner into my hair, focusing on the ends, and let it sit for about 15 minutes while I also took care of my face.

Favourites. From left: Davines OI Shampoo and Conditioner, Davines Absolute Beautifying Potion, LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty, Kosmea Rosehip Oil.


For my skin, I applied LUSH's Mask of Magnaminty to my face and sunburned shoulders (the cooling mint feels amazing for this purpose). After this has been left to dry, it doubles as an exfoliating scrub before you rinse off. To make sure my skin stayed soft and moisturized afterwards, I applied a few drops of Kosmea's Rosehip Oil. It's so gentle and yet it really sinks into skin and gives you the most amazing, nourished glow.

It doesn't hurt that it's pretty to look at too.

Another integral part of my relaxation routine involves burning candles, particularly Diptyque's Patchouli scent. It smells incredible and I think it's quickly becoming my new favourite, next to their Feu de Bois.

Now that it's Saturday, I plan on spending the night eating tacos, painting my nails and getting caught up on The Knick. I hope that whatever you plan to do this long weekend, you figure out a way to relax at some point.

xoHannah

16 comments:

Carrie said...

Good for you! It's hard for all of us to slow down and take time for ourselves and for self care!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Don't try to 'fit-in' withe deviant world, girl - they'll just use you to abuse you; try to fit-in withe God (singular) who made YOU - precisely what I'm trying to do because this earth is only a testing ground, then eternity, either Up -or- down according to OUR choices. Think, too, please. Looky here…

Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic+epiphany’ (=so much to give+vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…

Unknown said...

Hey babe, how are you?
Great post though, i love it, thanks for sharing..
Follow back if you don't mind.. :P

Visit me whenever you have time;
www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

Anyway have a good day!
Kisses!

Robert Kilmer said...

its a nice post i got some new information from this post.

Children headshot photographers in los angeles
Best headshot photographers los angeles

Herry Johnson said...

Your cosmetics is a definitive creative expression and you ought to sparkle your best as well, Vancouver Wedding Hair and Make-up vancouver bridal makeup and hair artist.

abo-bder said...







شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

niloy said...

Free bangla sex video:careful
Mac Lipstick Matte Taupe 09 Mac Women’s Lipstick three grams. Mac is a brand of beauty. Formulated to shade, outline, and showcase the lips, M·A·C Lipstick is to be had in every nuance of your favorite color and high-style texture.
MAC Lipsticks Canada

Farnek Services said...

Very informative post help me a lot about this article of Skip Hire Angus. Guys I also found of an author who shares such experiences off and on. Thanks for the helpful information. See more of them here.

Farnek Services said...

This aricle is amazing and i found this page. Perfectly described by the auther. Keep Posting. Actually I was searching Skip Hire Argyll and Bute and i found this page. Good Information!

QuickBooks Error Support Number said...

Nice Blog !
Our team at QuickBooks Customer Service is always available to answer all your queries about QuickBooks in these tough circumstances.

amna said...

Amazing and Helpful post. I really appreciated your work.Many thanks for your kind and efficient service for booking a plot in park view city and blue world city.I will definitely recommend Imarah real estate services to others in the future.
https://imarahmarketing.com/
https://imarahmarketing.com/blue-world-city/
https://imarahmarketing.com/park-view-city-islamabad/

Ufa88kh said...

This is one of the best articles I'm reading right now. Great job and really informative and help me in
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
ភ្នាល់បាល់បក

ahrealestatemarketing said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I have really loved surfing around your blog posts. Great set of tips from the master himself. Excellent ideas. Thanks for Awesome tips Keep it
Best real estate company in Islamabad

eddie lydon said...

I read blogs on a similar topic, but I never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and I’ll be your constant reader. Batgirl Jacket

Weed said...

You could truly add a ground ginger and baking soft drink to the water to bring a really working with impact. Any individual who is endeavoring to take a gander at second thought, the essential affirmation he/she will get is that strain is a general term that combine various sorts. Thusly, the individual who is searching for pressure data will appear at the objective that there are various types of uneasiness. Visit here Hash Online

Weed said...

Question is a brand name consequence of the flight or battle issue. The resoluteness issue is an old self-security contraption that you feel when there is some wagered or certain bet. Conclusively when this happens your body answers with a surge of adrenalin to address the difficulty. Visit here Afghani Gold Seal Hash