Saturday, March 19, 2011

Coca-Cola Craziness = Polyvore Weirdness



I am way too sensitive when it comes to caffeine. I drink Coca-Cola and get shaky and can't get to sleep, no matter how tired I am. I also go on bizarre-o Polyvore sprees, making outfits out of clothes I'll never own because I am broke as a joke.


Inspired by the aesthetic Kate Spade has going for Spring '11. Check out this inspiration board from their blog:





Next, an imagining of a clothes swap between early 60s Barbie and Judy Jetson with a Christopher Kane skirt and Lanvin shoes.




Colour palette inspiration from the fabulous Marimekko x Converse shoes, and then the various stones added in felt very Flintstone-y. Hi Wilma!


An Annie Hall kind of thing, if Annie would embrace a more tropical palette.

I realize I haven't updated in a long time, and that's 'cause I've been super busy. I guess the biggest bit of news is that I've been hired on as Associate Beauty Editor for the forthcoming JanePratt.com. This is madness! Wonderful amazing mad news. (For those of you who have sent me beauty questions over the years, they may finally be answered!) Jane Pratt is a personal hero of mine, and to many of you as well, probably! The site is going to be incredible and I can't wait for you all to see it when it launches. Bookmark it, and in the time being, "Like" it on Facebook!

I'm also in a play right now with a pretty big part. It's so exciting for me, my first venture into theatre, and my co-stars couldn't be more lovely.

On top of that, I'm headed to NYC yet again (not that I'm complaining, I'm thrilled!) next week. It's going to be a blast full of lots and lots of delicious food, and of course I will take plenty of photos.

Hope you're all getting the starts of lovely Spring weather.
xo Hannah

5 comments:

Aliquot and Amble said...

Congratulations on well... EVERYTHING. The job and the acting opportunity. I know you talked about getting into acting previously and it's great that you've already got yourself into a play! Clearly very exciting things are going on in your life. :)

And I love your Polyvore creations - they're definitely a little quirky but also totally awesome. You always draw inspiration from some unconventional sources - The Jetsons? The Flintstones? Love it! <3

Enjoy your time in New York next week!

Unknown said...

Oh my god, it's been years since The Jetsons! And congratulations on the job :)

Laura said...

What great inspiration!

bambilovesbeauty.blogspot.com

Bad Joan said...

Love your polyvore sets!

http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hannah congrats on your editor gig, and the play part - both very good things for your resume.

Great POLYVORE sets! The pebbles Flinstones one is my favorite! :)

Tallulahdoll
www.tallulahdoll.com